The content marketing process is one of the essential activities you need to fulfil business goals. If your business aims include brand awareness, product sales, and revenue, you need to implement these points in your content.
Sounds so well-planned and Easy?
No! It is too far away from reality. It would be best if you entirely devote yourself to get success in the content marketing process. Do you know hundreds of business organisations have failed because their strategies were not good enough to cope with the market values?
To some extent, every business implies content marketing but does not get the success it desires. Do not worry; KoolStories have come forward to help you formulate the proper layout of the content marketing process. We will go step by step to reach our destination with flying colours. The core point is to understand what exactly the content marketing process involves.
What do you mean by Content Marketing Process?
A content marketing process involves strategies to accomplish your business goals. Try to add text, pictures, audio, videos, and graphics related to your business to inform the audience about "Who you are"? An exciting content strategy will draw the attention of your target audience at every step of the funnel and will keep them engaged even after the sales.
To reach the heights of business, you need to understand the fundamental aspects of content marketing, focus on SEO to increase the website's visibility, and generate traffic on your platform.
There is no doubt that while creating content, you will face several challenges or sometimes even fail to generate leads. In starting, the success rates are low, but gradually, it rises with your improvements in planning. There is a need to optimise the process altogether to overcome the challenges. Try to define the main motives clearly, and use a smooth content marketing process to ensure that these hurdles never arise in the first step.
It will be easier to understand the concept with the help of an example:
You have created a YouTube channel to promote your e-learning business, but the audience is not yet engaging. If you are stressed that your efforts failed, no worries. You can effectively resolve the matter by researching your audience's preferences and underlying trends.
Later, create more valuable and relevant content for them. Similarly, you have to address minor details to avoid further complications. Like a toddler cries to get the attention of their guardians, likewise, you need a careful design and a content marketing process to attract the audience.
Need to know more about the content marketing process? Continue reading to learn more about content marketing strategies.
To understand the topic effortlessly, we have categorised the process into the seven stages:
1. Define the goal
4. Content creation
7. Measure performance
1) Define the Goal- Always start with a brief introduction about the organisation to create brand awareness. Further, clearly explain your organisation's motives, goals, and what benefit will the audience get from your side.
2) Research- The initial stage of the marketing process is qualitative research about both content and audience. You need to conduct surveys, quizzes, and Q/A sessions to cater to the audience's needs. The response of the audience decides your strategies. It includes the type of content you will create, by whom, which channels you will use for publication, how frequently you will publish, etc.
In the research process, various steps are included:
Analyse the customer's behaviour.
Track their behaviour on your website.
Analyse your social media audience.
Try to collect information about the audience through every social media platform in various forms, quizzes, polling etc.
3) Planning- Planning refers to the elements added to the content. Here planning involves the content to be added and details to be initiated. Collect relevant data and information according to your topic.
For example, if you are launching a social learning application, a plan is needed; What type of content you will offer? What will be its USP, domains, and content type? It would be best if you planned all this at this stage.
Why should the audience prefer you?
It would be best to have something exclusive that makes you stand out from the competitors. To prove you are worth buying from, you need to prove why you're worth it. Once you know your Unique Selling Proposition (USP), embrace that message in your content.
4) Content Creation- In this slot, all the gathered content gets added in an article, blog, news or any other form. Additionally, pictures, graphics, quotes and the information box are added to make it more appealing.
For example, You have to form a message for the audience. Good, Keep it short and simple with some twists and turns. It would be best to take care of the Key performance indicator (KPI) analysis. Optimise the keywords with the help of content tools.
Know you know how to draw the audience's attention.
5) Scheduling- When is your product launching? This question is best promoted with an announcement on social media. While launching the product, proper scheduling is required, which includes various vital points:
Date and Time: Every launch gives the date and time on which they will demonstrate their product. The date is chosen based on the target audience; for example, If it's for children, they pick a holiday to cater to a larger audience. Mostly, they launch in the evening when people are free from their routine chores.
Platform: They also decide which platform and when they will surprise the public.
Scheduling Tools: For a proper schedule, use the tools available on the internet to manage the launch activities.
Updates: Before launching, you need to create curiosity in the audience by sharing the launch updates and the hint about the product on various social sites.
6) Promotion- Once your product is launched worldwide, now is the best time to promote that product globally through various platforms such as Social Media, YouTube videos, Educational sites and much more.
How to promote on social media: Whatsapp groups, Whatsapp statuses, Instagram stories and posts; also, you can make reels and post them on Instagram. Stories on Snapchat, Live sessions.
Collaboration: Try to collaborate with famous personalities with a huge following. Share the links through them.
Email marketing: One of the oldest and most acceptable methods to promote new products is email marketing.
Example: Did you notice that we received the email from the applications saying we are waiting for you; we have something exciting for you!
7) Measure Performance- In the final stage, analyse and monitor the results through various modes.
Analyse overall performance: With the help of measurement tools available on the internet, outline the current user behaviour. There are different measurement tools for Google and Social Media. Use efficiently.
KPI: Keep an eye on your KPI to see whether you have met your goals.
Feedback: Feedback is a valuable reflection of defined goals. Focus on the suggestions and improve the strategies. The more you brush up on your strategy on time, your content marketing process will be more efficient than writing without any plan.
Focus: Focus more on the areas from where you are getting a positive response.
We hope you like it. Got some inspiration on how to form content marketing strategies in the future? If yes, then do drop the comments.
If you have any doubts, then without hesitation, drop the question in the comment box, as we are here for you only!