There has been a shift from traditional textbook learning to smart learning, and it is a change that is not always welcomed or adequately understood. Innovative learning is something that is catching on outside the classroom.
Hurry! You’ll lose 80% of what you just learned.
Beat the Forgetting Curve by retaining up to 50% more information with micro-learning.Get the app
What Is Smart Learning?
Smart learning is best described as the use of technology and digital programs to deliver and educate individuals. This form of learning occurs not only in schools but also in many workplaces looking to teach and upskill their workers.
Tools to Support Smart Learning
One of the critical things that come with smart learning is the tools and resources. Without the proper tools and resources, smart learning cannot be utilized to the maximum.
Examples of tools that can help promote and achieve smart learning, regardless of the levels and situation, include:
- Interactive whiteboards – these can help with teaching, planning, and brainstorming.
- Projection systems – whether you are using a large screen TV or a smart projector that is engaging, displaying information using a projector can maintain visual learners' attention.
- Tablets and E-books – tablets are becoming an increasingly everyday reality for sharing memos and notes from classrooms to offices.
When it comes to smart learning, it requires having the tools to meet the needs of the students and learners.
Can smart learning be achieved without the tools?
To truly maximize the benefits of smart learning is to use the tools necessary and available. Does that mean buying the latest technology and the latest gadgets? Yes and no, but one would have to ask themselves, how productive or successful do you want to be in teaching? No, what it means is willing to invest and learn about how the tools and technology out there are available to improve and help you, whether in the classroom or the office.
How Can Smart Learning Benefit Not Just Students but Businesses Too?
Understanding the tools to promote smart technology is one thing – the next is to understand the benefits of intelligent technology, as they are far-reaching from the classroom and business office.
What are the benefits of smart learning?
- Automation – There are times when repetitive motions or actions are done repeatedly; technology has helped through automation; for example, rather than grade a test using a red pen, a program could be coded to do the grading automatically.
- Algorithms – When large corporations are hiring, they often have tests and questionnaires they give to candidates. One way of vetting all the potential candidates is through algorithms that can pick and choose which candidate possesses the highest qualifications versus those who do not.
- Constant improvement – Embracing innovative learning means adopting the way technology is advancing and improving. Whether it is the classroom or office, the use and awareness of what is out there can help a company or school have the edge.
Smart learning is one facet that has been embraced not just by the schools but by businesses who are looking to have the one-up from their competitors. It is essential that to thrive and succeed; one must be willing and open to learning and improving.
Embracing Smart Learning is the Future
To turn one's head and avoid the inevitable reality of smart learning is to turn one back at succeeding.
It is not always easy; however, by embracing smart learning, one is prepared to demonstrate their competitiveness and desire to be competitive in a world that is constantly advancing and improving at every turn.
Apple, Google, and Samsung are a few of the brands that have made a killing harnessing technology to create programs and tools for smart learning and at all levels of education. From elementary to high school, college, and university, these brands understand that the future relies on technology and all the benefits of simplifying our day-to-day activities. In a way, technology has made it possible for people to have better quality and access to resources and information through digital learning.
The Future of Learning is Evolving
Digital learning is spearheading the revolution to modernize teaching-learning.
The ability to customize, personalize, and connect makes this new age approach enticing and relevant. While not everyone is open to this new approach to learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing, there is no denying that it is the way of the future.
Global organizations and businesses are learning to adapt or incorporate aspects of technology into their daily operations. Change is challenging, but success and innovation sometimes come with a learning curve. Digital learning is one of those facets where a curve for learning and adaption is to be expected and should be embraced.
When it comes to digital marketing and learning, the pathway to success lies in adopting different digital trends. Amassing digital learning tools together makes the entire teaching-learning experience more personalized, blended, self-directed, and engaging. The future of learning is joining hands with technological intervention. Are you on board with the trend?